With load shedding very likely to remain a part of our lives for a while longer, here are five important tips that all companies and firms can implement without investing money.
Five Important Load Shedding Tips for Firms
- Ensure all hardware that is not connected to a UPS system & generator – is shut down BEFORE load shedding happens. Switch your servers off 10 minutes before power goes off in order to prevent any hardware failures.
- Ensure that backups are well maintained and are up to date so that data is not lost.
- Appoint a specific member of staff – or a team – to take control of your load-shedding management, and track & schedule all load shedding times and stages. This person should communicate when devices need to be switched off.
- Find out the best website links for your location to give you accurate load shedding schedules.
- If you use a software partner like GreatSoft, ask about switching over to cloud hosting – this will allow you to access your servers and data during load shedding, and will automatically keep your data safe and secure.