Details about our cover
What am I covered for?
GreatSoft Tax Assist will provide cover in the following matters:
- Income tax audits
- Employees tax audits
- Capital Gains tax audits
- Dispute resolution hearing & appeals to the Tax Board and Tax Court
What does it cost?
Considering the risk you are facing – not a lot.! For the cost of less than an average business lunch a month, GreatSoft Tax Assist will effectively dealt with your tax audit problems.
Premiums are dependent on your annual taxable income for personal taxpayers, or annual turnover for companies. You can easily calculate your own premium by requesting an online quote
Is there a limit to the amount of cover I receive?
Yes. There is an aggregate annual Rand and number of hours of service limit, and a per claim limit. Your limit of indemnity will be provided together with your quotation.
How do I claim?
You must notify us as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days from the date the SARS tax audit starts. We’ll then send you a claim form and take complete control of the matter from there. Critically for you, if you’re covered by a GreatSoft Tax Assist policy, your SARS tax audit problems becomes ours, immediately.
When does a claim start?
A claim starts when you’re notified of a SARS tax audit, usually by way of a letter from SARS. This excludes any type of verification audit, and request for supporting and/or supplementary information from SARS. You must contact us within 30 days of you becoming aware of a SARS tax audit.
What is not covered?
There are some exclusions under the policy, which include:
- Audits and disputes which have commenced prior to the inception of the policy
- Audits from tax returns which were submitted late, without extensions being granted
- Where proper record were not kept
- Where fraud or crime is involved
- Costs of tax return preparation
- Matters outside RSA borders
- Any taxes, interest, penalties or fines correctly imposed by SARS
Have a question we haven’t covered? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org